Tuesday, November 8, 2011

This is my Father's world

I have been in the State of Washington for nearly two weeks and one of the things of which I am acutely aware is being surrounded by so much beauty. It is everywhere. No matter where I turn my head, there are mountains, bodies of water demonstrating their power by throwing copious amounts of stones and wood onto the beach and the colors of the evening skies are visible markers that I live in a created world that was specially put together by a designer whose creation cannot be bettered. I am reminded of the old hymn, "This is my Father's world."

This is my Father's world, and to to my listening ears all nature sings, and round me rings the music of the sphere.
This is my Father's world: I rest me in the thought of rocks and tress, of skies and seas His hand the wonders wrought.

This is my Father's world, the birds their carols raise, the morning light, the lily while, declare their makers' praise. He shines in all that's fira; in the rustling grass I hear hi pass, He speaks to me everywhere.

This is my Father's world, O let me never forget that though the wrong seems oft so strong, God is the ruler yet. This is my Father's world: the battle is not done; Jesus who died shall be satisfied and earth and heaven be one.

My chiropractor told me yesterday that if I were to take better care of my spine I would regain my creativity, my energy, improve my sleep patterns and upgrade my well-being to that of being so much better than it is at this present time. My creativity is partially dependent on what I see in the outside world. My eyes have seen live pictures of mountains, lakes, rivers, hills and beaches. As my eyes are the lamp of my body, what they see makes a difference to my well-being.

“The eye is the lamp of the body. If your eyes are healthy, your whole body will be full of light" (Matthew 6:22).

I think my creative levels are rising up and to the right....

No comments:

Followers