Friday, September 10, 2010

Communication...incarnationally.

This particular post was inspired by the movie, "Sisterhood of the traveling pants 2." Towards the end of the movie the 4 main characters come together and try to help one of the team reconnect with the love of her young life. However, in our world of multiple communication possibilities, the conversation reminded me that the best way to communicate with each other (in my opinion) is the good old fashioned face to face kind.

The four converse as follows:

"What?
I didn't want to worry you....I tried to tell you so that's why I came up to your place but we got into that huge fight...
I emailed everybody...
I emailed you...Don't look at me. It's not my fault if I have a bad server...

"Oh well, thank God for email. You can have an entire relationship and not even look at someone. Emails, guys, really??? That's lame!"

I rest my case...

I really love to have at least phone-to-phone conversation with friends but sometimes it is just not possible. I get that. But it is my preferred mode of communication, short of actually seeing the people with whom I am talking. I think what this comment above does for me is remind me that when I am "conversing" on facebook, sending conversational emails or even texting, I am kidding myself into a false reality of close relationships. I know that I do not wish to have closeness with every human being I meet, but there are times when I feel really lonely and lost and this could be some of the reason why that's the case.

Still considering...

No comments:

Followers